Thank you to all the volunteers who made this year’s Streets of Hope San Diego Thanksgiving Feed the Homeless Event 2017 a big success.
Here’s a quick summary of highlights from feeding, clothing and serving San Diego’s homeless this Thanksgiving:
San Diego Feed the Homeless Thanksgiving Event
- 200+ Meals Served
- 53 Haircuts!
- Over 75 Homeless Volunteers
- Freshly cook Turkeys with Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and more!
- 500+ of Articles of Clothing Passed out
- Over 200+ homeless people in attendance
- Close to 40 Streets of Hope Volunteers
- Many Chiropractic adjustments
- 50+ Pair of High-End Running Shoes Donated
- 100+ Blankets for the Homeless
Thanksgiving Feed the Homeless Event 2017 Special Thanks
The following Streets of Hope volunteers really stepped up to make the night special for San Diego’s homeless:
- Tammy, and especially Wylie, Mario and Jose from The Country Club Barber Shop for the 50+ homeless hair cuts!
- Christina, Conrad, Roy, Frankie, Little Frankie and others for serving the main dish and side dishes!
- Nate for taking all the photos
- Tammany, Parker, Jenn G., Carlos, Teresa and the rest of you for passing out water and clothing donations to the homeless
- Tammy for doing all the special event coordination
- Paul for bringing over 100 pairs of shoes
- To all of you who brought clothes, blankets, toiletries and more
- To Road Runner Sports who donated over 100 amazing running shoes!
- To all the other volunteers who helped the homeless tonight in the rain!
- To KPBS New’s Matt Hoffman who interviewed us on live TV, Facebook and for their website. Read and listen to his interviews by clicking here to go to the KPBS website
Photos From Thanksgiving Feed the Homeless Event 2017
Click on a image to see a larger size and start a slideshow.