We respect your confidentiality
The Streets of Hope San Diego promises that your personal information be held in strict confidence. We use your information only for its intended purpose. We do not sell or trade your information to other organizations or individuals.
We protect your information
Streets of Hope San Diego takes every possible measure to insure that your information is not compromised in any way. If you are a participant in one of our events, including use of our website, no one other than Streets of Hope San Diego staff has access to your information. Any information transmitted online is done via a secure server using encryption technology.
We keep accurate records
We keep your personal information as accurate, complete, and up to date as is required to fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provided us with your personal information. Upon request in writing we will remove your personal information from our databases, except where legislation or regulation requires our retention of it (for example, charitable giving history tied to income tax receipts.)
If you have any questions about our website or our Privacy Promise, please contact us.
Streets of Hope Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
At Streets of Hope a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We’re committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for our entire organization, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, Streets of Hope strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the homeless communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees / volunteers to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
Streets of Hope abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Generate and aggregate quantitative and qualitative research related to equity
- To make incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts.
- Advocate for public and private-sector policy that promotes diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Challenge any internal systems and policies that create inequity, oppression and disparity.